Monday, December 23, 2019

Wax Empties; 12/9-12/19/2019

Wax Empties: 12/9-12/19


Disclaimer/Discloser;
All wax I have purchased or it has been sent to me in swaps that I do. I try and remember and disclose that information. I am never sent anything for free from the vendors
These are my opinions and mine only. This is not meant to influence your purchase just to share with you my experiences with vendors
I will never, won't ever and have never bashed another vendor. Sharing my experiences both good and bad is not bashing.

I do not believe in Ass wax. If the wax is going to throw it's going to throw. No wax should need more than 2 weeks from pour date to fully cure.

Yes, I am a vendor. I have been purchasing wax and candles for as long as I can remember. I do love to share my experiences. I enjoy wax and candles and will continue to make my own and purchase but I will never review my own here

I have a tendency to yawn when I get talking. Not sure why I just do! I'm sorry in advance

Things that drive me crazy;
No vendor or scent name on labels. This is basically advertising and why wouldn't you do it? Plus if I get or send to someone else and they or me want more, how do they know who to buy it from?

All over prices. I have been noticing vendors lately have 2 ounces of one shape for a certain price, then the same ounces of a different shape for a different price. This is a huge turn off for me

Restocks that only have certain quantities and the sell out right away. I have no tolerance for that and just won't order

I use the following warmers;
20 watt glade warmer in my office
20 watt glade warmer in my family room
20 watt glade warmer in my kitchen
20 watt glade warmer in my son's room
20 watt Scentsy Stargazer warmer in my bedroom (Light Bulb)
25 watt Happy Wax warmer in my living room
15 watt scentsy warmer in the laundry room bathroom
15 watt scentsy warmer in the main bathroom

The opinions I put here are my opinions/experiences only. I fully urge each and everyone of you to form your own opinions/experiences on vendors for yourself by placing an order and getting a de-stash. Candles have many aspects to them and if I say I had a hard time burning one candle that doesn't mean the rest from the same vendor will be like that.


Candles;

Yankee Candle

Scent; Cafe Al Fresco
Scent Description;The warm air of a bustling outdoor café kissed with sweet notes of cinnamon, coffee and a dash of caramel
Thoughts; This wasn't a strong scented candle, I wish it would have been a super strong coffee but then again I don't get much scent from these super large jars
Hit or Miss; Hit

Vendor; Mainstays

Scent; Warm Fall Leaves
Scent Description;
Thoughts; This candle burned great and smelled good as well.
Hit or Miss; Hit


Melting;

Vendor; Empire Alchemy
Web; www.empirealchemywax.com
Owner; Anna Knaus

Scent; Cardigans and Coffee
Scent Description; Cardamom Seed, Vanilla Beans, Tonka Bean & Fresh Coffee
Thoughts; I received 2 in my little bag that were good sized so I put them in a glade warmer
Hit or Miss; Hit

Scent; Santa's Workshop
Scent Description; Wood Shavings, Frasier Fir, Sugar Cookies, Amber, Smoked Woods & Palo Santo
Thoughts; This smelled really good on cold and it was again enough to use in a larger warmer
Hit or Miss; Hit

Scent; Hazelnut Coffee Cookie Butter
Scent Description; Hazelnut Coffee, Whipped Cream, Condensed Milk, House blend Cookie Butter
Thoughts; OMG this was so good! It smelled amazing
Hit or Miss; Hit

Scent; Santa's Pipe
Scent Description; Pipe Tobacco, Caramel Woods, Vanilla and hint of Black Tea
Thoughts; I was worried about this scent based on the tobacco scent, however it was really nice
Hit or Miss; Hit

Scent; Vanilla Pine Cones
Scent Description; Vanillary Type + Roasted Pinecones + Santal
Thoughts; I really liked this one. I wish it would have been a bigger piece so I could have melted in a bigger room
Hit or Miss; Hit

Scent; Yuletide Carols
Scent Description; Charred Berries, Smoked Fresh Pinecones, Cinnamon Clove, Woods and Tonka Bean
Thoughts; I was afraid of this one, with the clove, but this was really nice
Hit or Miss; Hit

Scent; Snowball Fights
Scent Description; Fresh Winter Air, Wild Madagascar Vanilla & Rosemary Mint
Thoughts; Ok, so this one surprised me. I am not a minty person and on cold the Rosemary Mint was dominant, however warming it was such a nice scent!
Hit or Miss; Hit

Scent; Merry Measure
Scent Description; Clean Lavender, Cedarwood, Evergreen & Morning Dew
Thoughts; This was really nice and strong.
Hit or Miss; Hit

Scent; Kitchen Sink Cookies
Scent Description; Gooey Caramel, Chocolate Vanilla Cookies, Pretzels & Sea Salt
Thoughts; This smelled so good! It was a Carmel cookie
Hit or Miss; Hit

Scent; Winter Light
Scent Description; Bergamot, Orange Peel, Orange Blossom, Lavender & Evergreen Woods
Thoughts; Because there was so much orange in this I was afraid that I wouldn't smell it, and I didn't.
Hit or Miss; Miss

Scent; Merry Merry
Scent Description; Lemon Mint Leaf, Vanilla Bean Noel, Salty Sea Air & Hint of Buttermint
Thoughts; This blend just didn't mix well
Hit or Miss; Miss

Scent; Toasted Chestnuts, Vanilla Cream & Angel Food Cake
Thoughts; This was nice. It wasn't overly strong but it fit in perfectly with this time of year
Hit or Miss; Hit

Scent; Royal Gold Pears
Scent Description; Golden Pear with Vanilla Cream, Fruit Juice
Thoughts; I am not sure of this one, I got mostly vanilla, which is fine but I feel like I would need more to actually make a better decision on if I liked it or not
Hit or Miss; Unsure

Scent; Pineapple Ambrosia and Spice Cake
Scent Description; Whipped Tufts of Marshmallow and Fruit plated with Frosted Spice Cake
Thoughts; This didn't smell like I thought it would. It was truly bakery and I got a fruity bakery cake from it
Hit or Miss; Hit

Vendor; Swanky Candle Company
Owner; Jeannie Jeffrey

Scent; Tropical Paris
Scent Description;
Thoughts; This was lighter but it wasn't bad
Hit or Miss; Hit

Vendor; The Bathling Garden
Web; www.thebathinggarden.com
Facebook; No Group
Owner; Shannon

Scent; Sparkler Party
Scent Description; Blueberry buttercream, topped with watermelon popsicles, swirled with cake batter pops
Thoughts; There wasn't much of a scent to this, however it was super pretty
Hit or Miss; Miss

Scent; Raspberry Hearts
Scent Description; Strawberry slices, ripe raspberries, and white cake bites
Thoughts; This was a nice raspberry scent
Hit or Miss; Hit

Vendor; Handwerks
Web; www.handwerkswax.com
Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/handwerkswax
Owner; Sam Woodruff

Scent; Wonderstruck
Thoughts; I have no idea what these are
Hit or Miss; Hit

Scent; Cashmere & Pear
Scent Description;
Thoughts; This was a barley there scent
Hit or Miss; Miss

Vendor; Chicks and Wicks
Web; https://chicksandwickscandleco.com
Facebook;
Owner;

Scent; Eucalyptus Lavender
Scent Description;
Thoughts; Nothing, this honestly smelled like nothing
Hit or Miss; Miss

Scent; Carrot Cupcake
Scent Description;
Thoughts; This was all spice and no carrot or cupcake
Hit or Miss; Miss

Vendor; Yankee Candle

Scent; Christmas Cookie
Scent Description;
Thoughts; This was so nice and creamy and very nice
Hit or Miss; Hit

Scent; Red Apple Wreath
Scent Description;
Thoughts; This wasn't overly apple or spicy, it was a great mix
Hit or Miss; Hit

Vendor; Sassy Girl Aroma
Web; https://sassy-girl-aroma.myshopify.com/
Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/groups/sassygirlaroma/
Owner; Julie Gebczyk

Scent; Sugar Cookie Lattes
Scent Description; Sugar Cookies Caramel Coffee
Thoughts; This was amazing. It smelled so good and was super strong
Hit or Miss; Hit

Scent; Lollipop Shoppe
Scent Description; Lollipops with Berries & Cream
Thoughts; This was amazing and right up my alley
Hit or Miss; Hit

Scent; Blackberry Ombre Popsicle
Scent Description; Fruits, Vanilla Sugar, Coconut and buttercream
Thoughts; This smelled really good. It was a sweet fruity vanilla
Hit or Miss; Hit

Scent; Candy Store
Scent Description; Sweet Sugary Candy
Thoughts; This was so good and super sweet!
Hit or Miss; Hit

Vendor; Savvy Scents Co

Scent; Cranberry Spice
Scent Description;
Thoughts; This preformed well, it wasn't my favorite scent but my son loved it
Hit or Miss; Hit

Vendor; Rose Girls
Web; www.rgwax.com
Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/rgwax/
Owner; Jenny Oaks

Scent; Queen Bey and Mocha Truffles
Scent Description;
Thoughts; I didn't like this one
Hit or Miss; Miss

Scent; Espresso, Funnel Cake and Extreme Twinkies
Scent Description; Espresso, Funnel Cake, Cuppa Cake & Whipped Cream
Thoughts; This was coffee dominant of course but it was the perfect coffee bakery scent
Hit or Miss; Hit

Vendor; Walls Candles

Scent; Peppermint & Eucalyptus
Thoughts; There was just nothing to this one, and peppermint is generally a very strong mint
Hit or Miss; Miss

Scent; Lemon Chiffon
Scent Description;
Thoughts; There was no scent to this
Hit or Miss; Miss

Vendor; Purrfect Scents Wax Melts

Scent; Waxie Sisters
Scent Description; Boysenberries, elderberries, strawberries, guava and pomegranate with a little soft vanilla
Thoughts; This was so nice. It was a super creamy berry scent
Hit or Miss; Hit

Vendor; Better Homes & Gardens

Scent; Fresh Cut Frasier
Scent Description;
Thoughts; This was amazing!!!
Hit or Miss; Hit

Vendor; BeuTalli Wax Creations

Scent; Wild Mountain Honey
Scent Description;
Thoughts; This was too deep/sticky to me. I added vanilla to it and it was amazing
Hit or Miss; Hit

Vendor; Destination; Wax
Web; destinationwax.com
Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/DestinationWAX
Owner; Rebecca Harris

Scent; Sherlock
Scent Description;
Thoughts; This had no scent and I tried in several different warmers
Hit or Miss; Miss

Vendor; Super Tarts
Owner; Brandy Tarts

Scent; Cousin It
Scent Description; Biolage Type + Watermelon, Sweet Pineapple
Thoughts; This was a little odd and my nose didn't get any of the scents while warming
Hit or Miss; Miss

Scent; Saw
Scent Description; Cranberry Pie Crust & Vanilla Cream
Thoughts; This was ok, it wasn't the strongest but it worked for this time of year
Hit or Miss; Hit

Scent; Once Upon A Time
Scent Description; Serendipity Ice Cream Scoop Bread & Marshmallow
Thoughts; This is my favorite scent from supertarts, it's a scent that I just love
Hit or Miss; Hit

Vendor; Vintage Chic Scents
Owner; Kirby Welsh

Scent; Big Bird
Scent Description; Crushed Pineapple Banana Coconut Cream Pie
Thoughts; This was definitely banana and pineapple
Hit or Miss;

Unknown Vendors

#10
That's all that is listed on this, no vendor, no scent name, nothing. Whatever this was smelled amazing

Lavender Honey Dew; This was super strong and more so on the melon



No comments:

Post a Comment