Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Chronic Pain Thoughts; Volume 13

 

Dear Reader,


I started this because my “best” friend who also claimed to have a chronic illness wouldn't ever listen to me. I needed a place to vent and be somewhat anonymous. So call friend stopped talking to me while I was in the hospital.


I realized on a recent weekend getaway that I both don't and miss her at the same time. She said very mean things to me about my appearance. Things that I can't help or change. It sticks with me. She also used to talk about toxic people when she herself was toxic.


I now don't feel as bad about myself as I did when I was speaking to her. While walking in a large city I came to the conclusion that I just can't walk far distances and I didn't feel bad about it finally! I now understand what my body can handle all without contempt.


My point in all this....toxic people can make your chronic illness worse. People who say things like “I can do it, so can you” or “You just need to sleep” are tonic. People who push their opinions onto you as fact as not your people.




No comments:

Post a Comment