Thursday, May 2, 2024

Chronic Pain Thoughts: Volumn 26

 


Dear Reader,



I see this question posed all the time: “Do anti-depressants really work for chronic pain.”


In every pain support group, you find people either swear by them or denounce them. I am of the latter. I've tried Cymbalta, for several years and I never realized it was turning me into a zombie.


My pain was bad, I ended up on the max allowable dose and it was hell on earth to get myself off of it. The pain clinic I was at advised to “just stop”. I joined a support group, and it took me almost a year, counting these little, tiny beads to try and get off the medication.


This article is exactly how I feel. It shows studies and the long-term effects of these medications. I know personally, I get nothing for pain, I am left to deal with it on a daily basis.


Have you tried anti-depressants for chronic pain? Did it work?


Millions of people are prescribed antidepressants for chronic pain. Do they work? (msn.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment