Friday, September 6, 2024

Chronic Pain Thoughts: Volume 33: Empathy

 Dear Reader,


I read a lot of articles that I come across and share things that are pertinent to my own personal situation in hopes that it also helps someone else.


This article is entitled “How can we help patients with chronic pain? More empathy from doctors, to start”


I don't know about you, but I've been referred to doctors who've walked in the room “Why are you here” “I can't do anything for you” or I had one that did back injections without any medication.


Recently I saw a doctor who acknowledged my past treatments, acknowledged my current pain and didn't make me feel like I haven't tried enough Yoga!!


I didn't leave the office with a prescription; I left the office with a plan and hope that I can get help. Empathy makes all the difference in how we feel, our treatment options and how likely we are to continue to try things.


How can we help patients with chronic pain? More empathy from doctors, to start | Opinion (msn.com)



No comments:

Post a Comment