Thursday, October 3, 2024

Chronic Pain Thoughts: Volume 34

 Dear Reader,


My pain is dynamic. That means I can go days, weeks, months without pain then it turns on me and I can't walk, sleep or concentrate. I go into “don't touch me” mode


Sometimes on a good day, I can get things done, go above my normal limit, then 2 days later I'm done, down for the count.


Case in point: I walked Disney. All of it, for 4 days. I was fine, a little sore but nothing major. I was able to stand in line, enjoy my time there and sleep very well at night despite the Florida heat. Now, I can barely sit up straight, walk up the stairs or move without pain.


It's because of this that no one truly believes those with dynamic illness or disability. We can't get the help we need because one day we're good and the next we're not. It's a terrible position to be in. No doctor will allow “as needed” medications that actually help.



No comments:

Post a Comment