Monday, August 1, 2016

Movie; The Martian (2015) Caution; Spoiler Alert

The Martian

 The Martian Poster

Came out; 2015
Time; 2 Hours 24 Minutes

Watched on; HBO

Rating; PG-13 for some strong language, injury images and brief nudity

IMDB Rating; 8.1/10
Rotten Tomatoes Score; Tomatometer; 92%, Average Rating; 7.8/10, Reviews Counted 311, Fresh; 286, Rotten; 25. 92% Liked it.

Caution; Spoiler Alert


Synopsis; An astronaut becomes stranded on Mars after his team assume him dead, and must rely on his ingenuity to find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive.


Staring;
Matt Damon as Mark Watney
Jessica Chastain as Melissa Lewis
Kristen Wiig as Annie Montrose
Jeff Daniels as Teddy Sanders
Michael Pena as Rick Martinez
Sean Bean as Mitch Henderson
Kate Mara as Beth Johanssen
Sebastian Stan as Chris Beck
Aksel Hennie as Alex Vogel


Thoughts;
I truthfully expected this to be as boring as “I am legend”. The type of movie where you have people, then one person, then people and just slow but I was wrong. The movie starts out pretty fast and stays at that pace. The entire time you are routing for Matt Damon’s character.

Kristen Wiig is also in this, she is an actress that I can really normally do without, but in my person opinion she is a better actress when she isn’t playing stupid. Also Donald Glover has a very small part and he is someone that I enjoy watching as he can be serious and funny all at the same time.

All in all, even with the length of this movie, I actually enjoyed it!


Would I recommend this movie? Yes I would

No comments:

Post a Comment