Monday, December 17, 2018

Book; The Haunting of Hill House (1959) Caution; Spoiler Alert

The Haunting of Hill House










Author; Shirley Jackson
Came out; 1959
Read on; Nook App
Rating; Per Amazon 3.9/5



Caution; Spoiler Alert

It is the story of four seekers who arrive at a notoriously unfriendly pile called Hill House: Dr. Montague, an occult scholar looking for solid evidence of a "haunting"; Theodora, his lighthearted assistant; Eleanor, a friendless, fragile young woman well acquainted with poltergeists; and Luke, the future heir of Hill House. At first, their stay seems destined to be merely a spooky encounter with inexplicable phenomena. But Hill House is gathering its powers—and soon it will choose one of them to make its own.

Thoughts;
I've seen the movie with Luke Wilson, I thought at the time it was decent, then I saw the netflix show, I was completely unaware that this was even a book until I saw it listed on netflix!

The movie actually is closer to the book than the show, however this book was great! You'd never know it was written in the late 50's. Such detail and you truly feel like your at hill house!

I am all about spooky and ghosts and houses like this. I feel like the netflix show really did this book justice and put it's own spin on it. Amazing



No comments:

Post a Comment