Sunday, January 3, 2021

Wax; Empire Alchemy 2020 Advent Box

 

Vendor; Empire Alchemy

Web; www.empirealchemywax.com

Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/empirealchemywax

Owner; Anna Knaus





2020 Christmas Advent; 25 Days

Price $40 Shipped


Received on November 21st. This comes with string and clothespins so you can put it on your wall. I won't be doing that. I put them in a box in order and will go from there.


Free gift; tart in Through the Icey Woods; Maple Leaves + Redwood Cypress



Day 1; The First Noel; Sparkling Ginger soaked Gummy Bears cranberry Collins

Thoughts; I honestly wasn't sure what to think of this one, but it was ok. It wasn't my favorite scent

Hit or Miss; Hit



Day 2; Simmering Potpourri; Clove studded orange + Cinnamon + white birch + tangerine

Thoughts; This wasn't as strong as I'd hoped it would be. It totally could have been my nose as the orange scents just don't mix well with me, not sure why

Hit or Miss; Unsure



Day 3; Deck the Halls; Blue Spruce, Roasted Pinecones, Pine Branch Juniper

Thoughts; OMG Amazing! I loved this one! The roasted pinecones made this scent! Really, this was awesome.

Hit or Miss; Hit



Day 4; Dirty Chai Eggnog; Cinnamon Chi Eggnog, Bourbon Danish Butter Cookies Smidge of Coffee

Thoughts; This wasn't my favorite, I think it should have been more coffee lol

Hit or Miss; Miss



Day 5; Velveteen Plum; Plum pomegranate wine fig marshmallow fireside

Thoughts; Nope, I didn't care for this one at all. Not sure what it was

Hit or Miss; Miss



Day 6; Good King Wenceslaus; Cinnamon Sugared Buttercream Cupcakes Palo Santo Wood Shavings Bonfire

Thoughts; I wish this would have been a bigger piece, this smelled really good

Hit or Miss; Hit



Day 7; Holiday Suit + Bow Tie; Twisted Peppermint, Buttermint, Cotton Candy Cocktail

Thoughts; This actually wasn't as bad as I thought, it was a lot of mint but it was a type of mint I can handle

Hit or Miss; Hit



Day 8; Snow Flurries; White Woods Frosted Icicles Vapor Elixir

Thoughts; This was sinus clearing! But it worked for that

Hit or Miss; Hit



Day 9; Pom Poms + Mittens; Vanilla Ambrette Wild Madagascar Vanilla Lavender Obibanum

Thoughts; More of this please, this was an amazing vanilla lavender blend and I loved it

Hit or Miss; Hit



Day 10; Plushy Plaid Blanket; Fluffy Towels Frankincense Vanilla Spice Vanilla Oak

Thoughts; I would also love more of this! This was so good!

Hit or Miss; Hit



Day 11; Oh What Fun!; Vanilla Birch White Currant Sugar Cane and Aloe

Thoughts; This was nice, such a small amount of wax and I wish it would have been more

Hit or Miss; Hit



Day 12; Christmas PJ's; Fresh Laundered Sheets Sea Salt April Downy Fresh

Thoughts; This smelled really good, I again just wish I had a bigger piece of wax to melt

Hit or Miss; Hit



Day 13; Wonderland of Snow; Mac Apple Ozone Juniper Lily of the Valley

Thoughts; This doesn't fit the name and it doesn't fit for the advent but it was ok

Hit or Miss; Unsure



Day 14; Winter Social; Twilight Type + Cashmere + 29 High Street

Thoughts; This was so good! Again, I wish it would have been a larger amount

Hit or Miss; Hit



Day 15; Bowlful of Cheer; Berry Musk, Raspberry, Sugared Oranges

Thoughts; This was such a small piece, I didn't get any oranges but I did get the berry musk and raspberry which was nice

Hit or Miss; Hit



Day 16; Snow Fall; Twisted Peppermint Buttermint Cotton Candy Cocktail

Thoughts; Super strong mint and just not my scent

Hit or Miss; Miss



Day 17; Merry Kiss-Mas; Olive Branch Bergamot Alot Moss Fern

Thoughts; Such a small piece on all these! This didn't smell like much

Hit or Miss; Miss



Day 18; Cup O' Cozy; Early Grey Tea Dark Chocolate Peppermint Stick Vanilla Lace

Thoughts; This wasn't my cup o tea that's for sure. I just didn't care for this scent

Hit or Miss; Miss



Day 19; Bah Humbug; Patchouli Black Pepper Oceanic Amber Blue Spruce

Thoughts; This was ok, it wasn't very strong but it seemed like it would have been

Hit or Miss; Unsure



Day 20; Jingle Jangle; Pomgranate Cranberry Mulberry Teakwood Black Amber

Thoughts; This was ok, it was very berry

Hit or Miss; Hit



Day 21; Christmas Belle; Pear Blueberries Cedarwood Vanilla Bean Noel

Thoughts; This smelled pretty good, again smaller piece but bigger than the rest

Hit or Miss; Hit



Day 22; Letters to Santa; Gingerbread House Vanilla Cookies Caramel Popcorn Garland

Thoughts; This smelled really nice! It was a great bakery scent

Hit or Miss; Hit



Day 23; Ugly Christmas Sweater; White Linen Icy Mint Pink Sugar

Thoughts; This actually wasn't bad, the icy mint wasn't as strong as I thought it would be

Hit or Miss; Hit



Day 24; The Struggle is Read; Tahitian Vanilla Roasted Coffee Sugar Cookie Vanilla Bean Noel

Thoughts; This was super good! It was mixed perfectly and was just such an amazing blend

Hit or Miss; Hit



Day 25; Home for the Holidays; Cedarwood Cranberry Woods Christmas Tree Juicy Peach

Thoughts; This was pretty good, it was a woodsy scent that had that tree background to it

Hit or Miss; Hit



Box Thoughts;


I really like this vendor, however the price point on this box is really high for the amount of wax received. This year she stated she would give more wax per day than she had last year, however I really didn't find that to be the case. Each day was still less than 1 ounce. It was really hard to gauge some of the scents based on the small amount received.


Each day was wrapped very nice, the bags were cute. I do with that each day was also marked on the labels. This did have a decent mix of scent types but she is better at her smoky type scents than Christmas/holiday.


I don't think I would purchase this box again next year just based on the cost vs the size of the melts received.



No comments:

Post a Comment