Monday, July 2, 2018

Wax; Arcadian Oils; First & Last Order

Vendor; Arcadian Oils
Order; First Order

Website; https://arcadianoils.com/
Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArcadianOils/
Owner; CariAnne Hahn



YouTube Reveal;

https://youtu.be/S3PrgbUpj-U


What I received.

Happy Birthday “Trinket” Set and a Cocoa Unicorn Mini Loaf

Happy Birthday set scented in; A toothsome cardamom-spiced celebratory cake teeming with chunks of pistachio. Fluffy, pink buttercream frosting gracefully adorns this feminine masterpiece…finished with a (figurative) light dusting of sugared rose petals.”

Cocoa Unicorn: “Milk Chocolate spiked with plum brandy and frothed with vanilla cream. Our creation is then topped with clouds of whipped cream, dotted with marshmallows.”

Thoughts.

This order was placed on May 2nd, I received it on July 2nd. That's 2 months and all her excuses were regarding her oils. I don't mind waiting at all for my orders as long as I feel that the vendor is up front and honest with me. This vendor always told the same story however it would be a huge post that took time to read, vs, “I'm still waiting”.

Here is the text posted on my YouTube video.

Let me start of by saying, yes, I'm a vendor. Yes, I love wax, and I generally tend to not speak poorly regarding other vendors, except on my empties when I give my opinions of the melting scent. This was a hot mess to begin with and after 2 months of waiting I received the order you see here. Yes, everything was doubled as indicated in the group and everything does look like the pictures posted on the web site, but I find the owner condescending and downright rude.

When I brought to her attention that my items weren't labeled or packaged properly, she advised me that this is how all vendors ship their items out and that it is not expected to store the items in. Hmm, no. From someone who has been ordering and making for some time I know this to be very untrue. I've ordered from many shitty vendors before but have never once received wax in cling wrap.

Here is the information and conversation with the vendor.





I'm sorry, but I feel like vendors should not speak to customers like this and they should know how to properly package wax and tarts. They should also take complaints in stride, never once did an apology come into play. This owner seems to twist things around to make it look like the customer is wrong and the number one rule of customer service is to not do that.









The vendor who has blocked me has most recently made a mile long post in her regarding the "abuse" that I put her through. I posted all screen shots of our conversation above. My intention was only to advise her that wax cannot be properly stored in cling wrap packaging. It is a known, well researched fact that all Wax items need to be packaged in Glass, Polypropylene, clam shell containers designed for this or #5 plastic cups. Yes, her wax is beautiful and a work of art, however for a consumer to be expected to purchase their own correct materials so they can store their wax is unreasonable. All consumers have a level of customer service that they expect. Personally, I expect to receive my product in the proper containers and second when I approach a vendor regarding the packaging, I expect more than being made to feel like I did something wrong. This is poor business practice.















I specifically waited to start melting until the "cure" date she suggested. I did re-bag and label everything so I'm not sure how this wax would actually preform if it were kept in the incorrect packaging that they were sent it. Here is my review.
Scent; Happy Birthday
Scent Description: Cardamom Spiced Cake with Pistachio Fluff and Pink Buttercream
Thoughts: Even though this vendor is a hot mess, she makes an amazing product. I tried these in several warmers, and everything was amazing! This threw like a beast and smelled so good. I really wish she would get it together, package her products correctly (In correct bags) and make sure everything is labeled, she could have a great business!



No comments:

Post a Comment