Saturday, December 31, 2016

Wax; December Melting

For January I am going to keep track of the candles that I burn also!


I have started putting wax in all my warmers! I generally change out all the upstairs one every other day and the downstairs one daily. It’s still a little hard for me to keep track of what’s melting BUT this is a challenge for me so I’m all over it.

Here's what we've got!
A small scentsy warmer in the shape of a space ship in my son's room.
A purple glade warmer in my son's room.
A green glade warmer in my living room.
A white glade warmer in my office
A purple glade warmer in my family room
A beige glade warmer in my bedroom.

Waxidents; An Experimental Candle Company; Melted in the office; Dark Mystery. Blend of Blue Cotton Candy, French Vanilla and Birthday Cake. This is my own company and I do melt/burn my own wax so that I know how it performs. This one was amazing. I would purchase this blend from any vendor.

Sweet Sensations Wax Melts & More; Blueberry Sugar Cookie. I melted in the office as this was part of a Fortune Cookie set that had a prize inside. This was so amazing, I love this vendor and will continue to purchase from this vendor for as long as she is open. The scent performed very well and it was super strong. It was the perfect mix of blueberries and sugar cookies! I received a ticket for a purse from this tart!

Creative Enchantment; Plum Berry; I melted this in my office and was a little on the fence about it as I’m not a huge plum fan, however it was amazing! It was super strong and more berry than plum. The scent didn’t last as long as I would have liked but it’s also possible that I got “candle” nose while this was melting.

Bonjour Wax Company; Scent is unlisted; I melted this tart in my office. It was a Thank You tart that I received for my order, it had no scent listed. This was a palm wax tart that didn’t seem to perform well. There was little to no scent to it. I am unsure if the bag it came in was the correct type. Palm wax is beautiful and generally has an amazing throw, this one didn’t perform well.

Kushner Kreations; Scent Jack Frost. This was melted in my son Dylan’s room. It was very strong. It was a sample tart I received with my order. This lasted through the two nights of burning. Honestly I didn’t like it, but it was a minty scent and those are scents I don’t much care for.

Kushner Kreations; Scent Christmas Tree. This was melted in my living room. I actually had two sample tarts that I received with orders. My husband was complaining that we can’t have a real tree due to allergies in the house, so this was a perfect sample to get. I’ve been melting these in my living room. This one was a very true scent!

Rose Girls; Scent Boo Berry Smoothie. This was a pie chunk tart that I had purchased during my visit to their retail store. I melted this in my bedroom (I prefer not to share my Rose Girls wax). I chopped this up and melted a bit over several months. It was so amazing. It started off a little light even after sitting for a few weeks, however it ended on an extremely strong and yummy note. I loved it!

Skye’s Soy Candles; Scent; Toffee Apple Crunch. I received this clam shell in a de-stash. This was melted over a few months in different rooms of my house. It performed very well in each warmer. The wax was old (they call this ass wax in the wax world) it crumbled a bit when being taken out of it’s packaging. This was still an amazing scent and I generally don’t take well to fruity but this was good, the toffee was donimate.

Nancy’s Wax Creations; Scent; Fall Carnival. I purchased this in a mystery box from her. I received a ton of wax for a minimal fee. I melted this one in my downstairs family room. I had melted some before and it was very light but this one was amazingly strong. I am unsure of the scent description but it was pretty good.

Sweet Smells N’ Trinkets; Scent; Citrus Explosion. I received this clam shell from a de-stash. It was melted over time in the upstairs of my house in several warmers. I am actually surprised as to how well it preformed. I have only ever made one purchase from this vendor and it wasn’t a great experience. This however made me re-think possibly purchasing from her again.

Kushner Kreations; Scent; Jolly Elf. This was one of Dave’s famous money tarts. I melted part of this in my office and the rest upstairs. It was super strong and amazing! I love her Jolly Elf scent! I was lucky enough to have gotten $10 from this, usually I get $1 or $2!

Cera La Bella; Scent: Satsuma. I melted some of these turtles in my office and some in my family room. I really didn’t like this Satsuma, it didn’t have much of a throw and was very different than the Satsuma I’ve had in the past.

Creative Enchantment; Scent; Sweet Winterberry. I melted this in my office. I loved this on cold, I loved it when it was warm also but it was much lighter than I expected. The scent itself didn’t last very long either, unless of course I got candle nose from it! This was defiantely a scent I would purchase in a candle!

Nancy’s Wax Creations; Scent; Amish Friendship Bread. I melted this in my family room. I didn’t expect it to smell like zucchini bread. It was very strong and due to my dislike of the scent zucchini I ended up turning off my warmer. If you like this scent, I would encourage you to purchase this, but let it sit for about a month or so before melting!

MC Candle Light; Scent; Awaken. This was a bakery bag that was Red Lipstick & Vanilla Bean Noel. These are some of my favorite scents. The bag was poured on 6/28/16 per the bag and I finished off the bag in December. This scent didn’t pop for me as Red Lipstick usually does. I understand that she is moving to a “Home Party” type of format so you may not be able to purchase from her.

Mimi’s Tarts; Scent; Purple Cow. I melted this in my son’s room. Whatever the scent description is, this was amazing! It was so strong and wonderful! I wish I had more of it.

Kushner Kreations; Scent; Green Tea & Lemongrass. This was a sample tart that was melted in my son’s room. It was different and not a scent that I would have thought to ever purchase but it was so fresh and clean smelling.

Scarlet Raine; Scent; Banana Cream Pudding. I melted this in my family room and it was so spot on creamy and amazing and strong. I actually very much liked this one even though fruit scents are my favorite!

Cera La Bella; Scent; Sandlewood. I melted this in my office. I received this in a de-stash. It was poured on 3/5/16 and had zero scent. I was skeptic because it had next to nothing on cold, but sometimes that means nothing. It truly was hardly there, even if I stuck my nose very close to my warmer I couldn’t smell it.

Kushner Kreations; Scent; Smokey Bones. This was another sample from her that I had but it’s oh so good! I melted this in Dylan’s room and it was so very earthly and good.

Creative Enchantment; Scent; Mulberry Woods. This is an amazing scent. I have several tarts and now a large candle and I love it. It’s hard to describe exactly how it smells, but it’s awesome. The tart was very strong and this one lasted all day. This was melted in my office

Creative Enchantment; Scent; Ginger Cookie. My son stole this and melted it in his room. It honestly smelled so different when warm vs cold. I admit that it wasn’t my type of scent on cold but on warm it’s amazing. It’s not very strong, but it’s strong enough to smell it without sticking your face in the warmer.

Caroline Candles; Scent; Woodland Balsam. I melted this in my living room. I am unable to have a real tree, but that doesn’t mean my house can’t smell like I have a real tree! This was part of a clam shell that I melted over the course of a few days, I had been RAOK’d this. I am unfamiliar with this brand, but I wouldn’t purchase any as this didn’t throw very well for me.

Super Tarts; Scent; Once Upon a Time (Lavender Cream, Rose Jam and Birthday Cake). I was sent this clam shell in a swap box that I did. I had never had super tarts before this. This one I wasn’t real keen on but decided to try it anyway. It wasn’t very strong throw wise.

Sweet Sensations Wax Melts & More; Scent; Butterscotch Marshmallow. This was melted in one of my daughters room. It had been a “cute as a bug tart” that we cut apart. I had previously melted some of this is a little plug in warmer, it is amazing. It’s a beautiful combo!

Creative Enchantment; Scent; Frosted Pine. This was a snowflake tart that I cut in half. I melted this in my living room (As it smells exactly like Christmas Tree). Each half lasted 2 nights long and it was really amazing!

Wax House Melts; Scent; Unknown. This was a sample that I received in one of my orders. It was a unicorn and smelled fruity. There was no scent or pour date listed. I cut it in half and melted it half at a time. It was in my bedroom and honestly wasn’t very strong.

Super Tarts; Scent Once upon a time (Serendipity, Ice Cream Scoop Bread and Marshmallow). This was a clam shell that I received in a swap. This combo is amazing! I melted it 2 cubes at a time in my bedroom. The scent lasted about two nights each.

Better Homes and Gardens; Scent; Island Pomelo Dragonfruit. This was a clam shell that I received in a RAOK that I was sent. It was melted in several different warmers and I did notice that this preformed best in the light bulb warmers. It was not a super strong scent but it was really good!

Skye’s Soy Candles; Scent; Monkey Farts. This was melted in several places in the house. It was an older clam shell that I received in a de-stash that I purchased. It was super good. This company makes an amazing product as I purchased a bunch of really old clams, they fell apart when taking them out but the color wasn’t weird and the scent was still there!

Sweet Sensations Wax Melts; Scent; A Very Merry Unbirthday Cake. This was a bag of 4 tarts that I received in her “Alice in Wonderland” package. I melted two at a time in my bedroom, this scent was amazing and each set of 2 lasted over 2 nights!

Creative Enchantment; Scent; Juniper Peace. This was “stolen” and melted by my son in his room. It smelled so good and amazing. It was a lighter scent, but still had a punch to it, if that even makes sense!

Waxidents; Scent Acorn Harvest; This was from a package that was returned to me, it was a little beat up so I decided to melt it myself. It was super strong and I really like it. Most of the time I can’t smell my own wax, but this was good!

Wax House Melts; Unknown Scent. This was a sample that I received in my most recent order. This type is also why I never judge a scent by it’s cold sniff, as this one had none. I melted this in my bedroom and swear I picked out vanilla bean noel. I am unsure of what it was, but it was good. It wasn’t a bam in your face, but it was strong enough to fill a room.

Rosegirls; Scent; Strawberry, Raspberry, Guava and Birthday Cake. I melted this over time in my bedroom. It was perfect and smelled amazing. I purchased this bag from my visit to their store. I would buy this scent again.

Sweet Sensations Wax Melts and More; Several scents
Pink Tutu’s; Melted this is a few different warmers at different times. It smelled amazing each time
White Chocolate Smores; Yummy and smells amazing
Christmas Candy Sack; Oh my geeze. This was sooo strong!
Blackberry Whipped Vanilla Bean; Melted this in my bedroom, it was so very good.

New Moon Candles; Scent; Pomegranate Peppermint. Personally I don’t like any mints. I melted this in my living room on Christmas and the peppermint wasn’t as strong as I thought it would be. It was actually a very nice scent!

Kushner Kreations; Scent; Blueberry Crunch Cake. I had given this tart to my youngest son for Christmas. He loves Blueberry scents. He also has a candle in this scent and it’s an amazing, strong scent which lingers in the air. It’s wonderful and strong!

Waxidents; Scent; Vineyard. I am again melting one of my own as from time to time I decide to do this (just to test and make sure or because I love the scent) I melted this in my family room and it was strong enough to fill the entire room

New Moon Candles; Scent; Watermelon Sugar Cookie. This was an extra that was sent with my most recent order. I loved this on cold. I put it into my office warmer and it was crazy strong, but just not my scent.

Waxidents; Scent; Egyptian’s Dragon. I made this one day in my wax lab for a customer and my husband loved it. I made a rose loaf that didn’t stay together so I melted it over time in my living room. Super strong and smells really good.

Rosegirls. Scent; Pistachio Almond Cuppy Cake. I melted this over time in my bedroom. I purchased this from the store when I visited. The scent is amazing and each chunk lasts about 2 days.

Rosegirls. Scent; 124 Conch St. Like the above, I melted this over time in my bedroom. It’s very amazing. I believe this is Bora Bora and Blue Hawaiian. It’s tropical and strong!


I will update this to add where you can order from these vendors!


Skyes Soy Candles; Unsure as I received this in a De-Stash


MC Candlelight
Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/584140721689788
Owner; Terri Whistler

Kushner Kreations
Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/KushnerKreations
Owner; April Kushner

Sweet Sensations Wax Melts & More
Web; None
Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/397435127094474
Owner; Katie Gingrich

Rosegirls
Facebook; Rosegirls
Owner; Jenny Oaks

Waxidents;
Facebook; Waxidents; An Experimental Candle Company
Owner; Yours truly; Amanda Nettekoven

New Moon Candles
Facebook; Unsure
Owner; Nicole Roberts

Wax House Melts
Facebook; Wax House Melts
Owner; Jessica Buzzard-Hutchinson

Creative Enchantment
Facebook; Creative Enchantment
Owner; Anna Williams

Super Tarts
Facebook; Super Tarts and Sassy Soaps
Owner; Brandy Tarts

Cera La Bella
Facebook; Cera La Bella
Owner; Lisa Wrinkle

Scarlet Raine
Facebook; Scarlet Raine
Owner; Tiffany Thibodeau

Mimi’s Tarts
Facebook; Unsure
Owner; Unsure

Nancy’s Wax Creations and Primitives
Facebook; Unsure
Owner; Nancy

Sweet Smells N’ Trinkets
Facebook; Sweet Smells N’ Trinkets
Owner; Christy Reece

Bonjour Wax Company
Facebook; Unsure

Owner; Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment