Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Chronic Pain Thoughts: Volume 20

 Dear Reader,


In my time with chronic pain, I've been told:

*Lose Weight (At the time at 5 feet tall I weighed 120 pounds)

*Get a good night sleep (In a cycle where I'm tired but in pain and can't get comfortable)

*Swimming Helps (Nope, I hate everything about swimming plus once I get cold, I'm in more pain)

*Change your diet (What should I get? Grass?!)


I'm not one to believe in alternative medicine but I've tried:

*Acupuncture (I hated this and got no relief)

*Cupping (This one still doesn't make sense to me)

*Chiropractor (Made everything worse)

*Traction (Felt like I was on the rack being stretched out)

*Physical Therapy (What was this? A huge waste of my time really)

*Tart Cherry Pills (What was this supposed to do?!)

*CBD Gummies and Lotions (Had to be really careful with these, heaven forbid they contain any THC)

*Massage (Please don't touch me)


The latest advice I've received was:

*Inversion Table (I tried this, hanging upside down for any period of time isn't my cup of tea)

*Strengthen my Core (I've been trying this for years)

*Read this book on understanding pain (Ok, I'll read the book but help me)


I am just sick to death of being told to try all these things over and over again that aren't working. I've looked up (and documented here) everything I've been diagnosed with over the past 10 years, and it just keeps getting worse. I just don't understand how I'm not being taken seriously. I'm to the point where I don't know what to do anymore!

Inversion Therapy for Back Pain Relief: Effectiveness & Risks (webmd.com)




No comments:

Post a Comment