Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Wax Empties: 12/1-12/31/2023

 Wax Empties: 12/1-12/31-2023


Where to find me.

www.nettesthoughts.blogspot.com


waxident.storenvy.com

www.facebook.com/waxidents

Instagram @ Waxidents

waxaccidents@hotmail.com


Disclaimer/Disclose.

All wax I have purchased, or it has been sent to me in swaps that I do. I try and remember and disclose that information. I am never sent anything for free from the vendors

These are my opinions and mine only. This is not meant to influence your purchase just to share with you my experiences with vendors

I will never, won't ever and have never bashed another vendor. Sharing my experiences both good and bad is not bashing.


I do not believe in Ass wax. If the wax is going to throw it's going to throw. No wax should need more than 2 weeks from pour date to fully cure.


Yes, I am a vendor. I have been purchasing wax and candles for as long as I can remember. I do love to share my experiences. I enjoy wax and candles and will continue to make my own and purchase, but I will never review my own here.


Things that drive me crazy.

No vendor or scent name on labels. This is basically advertising and why wouldn't you do it? Plus, if I get or send to someone else and they or me want more, how do they know who to buy it from?


All over prices. I have been noticing vendors lately have 2 ounces of one shape for a certain price, then the same ounces of a different shape for a different price. This is a huge turn off for me.


Restocks that only have certain quantities and the sell out right away. I have no tolerance for that and just won't order.


Vendors who take a single scent and make it sound like a blend. I feel like this is duping your customers and shouldn't be done. People who do empty videos, who are also vendors, that review their own product.


Vendors who get involved in other people's drama.


I use the following warmers.

20-watt Happy Wax warmer in my office

20-watt glade warmer in my family room; Currently no warmer here

20-watt Happy Wax warmer in my kitchen

20-watt glade warmer in my son's room

20-watt Scentsy Stargazer warmer in my bedroom (Light Bulb)

25-watt Happy Wax warmer in my living room

15-watt Scentsy warmer in the laundry room bathroom

15-watt Scentsy warmer in the main bathroom


The opinions I put here are my opinions/experiences only. I fully urge each and every one of you to form your own opinions/experiences on vendors for yourself by placing an order and getting a DE-stash. Candles have many aspects to them and if I say I had a hard time burning one candle that doesn't mean the rest from the same vendor will be like that.


Advent Melting/Reveal is located in a separate post.


Candles.

Vendor; Kushner Kreations

Web; kushnerkreations.weebly.com

Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/KushnerKreations

Owner; April Kushner


Scent: Sun & Sand

Thoughts: This literally smells like the beach, it's so good

Hit or Miss; Hit


Retail; Bath & Body Works


Scent: Vanilla Bean Noel

Thoughts: This was an older candle and had the smaller wicks. It had the better scent but didn't burn as good as the newer ones

Hit or Miss; Hit


Melting;


Vendor; Super Tarts

Web; https://supertartswax.com/

Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/groups/SuperTartsSassySoaps/

Owner; Brandy Tarts


Scent: Rocket

Scent Description: Biolage and Frosted Clementine

Thoughts: This was lighter to me but the clementine is orange

Hit or Miss; Both


Vendor: Candy Pandy

Web: www.thecandypanda.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/candypanda

Owner; Yuli Orozco


Scent: Rice Flower & Shea

Thoughts: This is a nice scent, it's clean smelling

Hit or Miss; Hit


Vendor; Live Love Wax

Web; Live Love Wax Co (shopllwc.com)

Facebook; (4) Live Love Wax Co VIP | Facebook

Owner; Unsure


Scent: Baja Cactus

Thoughts: This was really light, I understand that it was a single oil but it didn't have much scent

Hit or Miss; Both


Vendor; Sweet Sage Scents

**This vendor is no longer open

Web; https://sweetsagescents.bigcartel.com/

Facebook; sweetsagescents.bigcartel.com/

Owner; Michelle Moon


Scent: Lemon Curd Pistachio Pudding Cake

Thoughts: This was shockingly light for this vendor and scents. I was a bit disappointed as these usually throw wonderfully!

Hit or Miss; Miss


Scent: Pink Honey Bee

Scent Description: Pink Sugar + Sweet Drippy Honey

Thoughts: This was really nice, it was super sweet

Hit or Miss: Hit


Vendor; Arcadian Oils

Website; https://arcadianoils.com/

Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArcadianOils/

Owner; CariAnne Hahn

*This vendor is no longer open


Scent: Kindness Matters

Thoughts: Whatever history I had with this vendor is out there for all to see. I have no idea what happened with her but it's all been documented. I still look back and can't believe a business owner would act like this. Her wax was really good. Even from 2018 it still throws, that's something.

Hit or Miss; Both


Vendor; Gio & Turner

Web; https://www.gioandturner.com/

Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1914050445484995/

Owner; Unsure


Scent: Something Bloom

Scent Description: Grapefruit + Mangosteen + White Tea

Thoughts: This vendor is just ok to me. I don't have great results and this was all sent to me. I think grapefruit smells like pee so this wasn't a great scent for me

Hit or Miss; Miss


Vendor; Sassy Girl Aroma

Web; https://sassy-girl-aroma.myshopify.com/

Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/groups/sassygirlaroma/

Owner; Julie Gebczyk


Scent: The Great EsCake

Scent Description: Sweet Lavender + Whipped Cream + Marshmallow + Chamomile + Sugar Cookie

Thoughts: This was nice, it was older and was moslty sweet lavender and sugar cookie

Hit or Miss; Hit


Vendor; L3 Waxy Wonders

Web; https://www.l3waxywonders.com/

Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/groups/L3WaxyWonders/

Owner; Jennifer Westing


Scent: White Woods

Thoughts: This was a single oil but it still smelled really nice

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Coconut Shea Clementine

Thoughts: This smelled really nice, although I only got the coconut shea, I loved it!

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Mango Sorbet Rice Flower Shea

Thoughts: This was ok, I didn't care much for the mango with the coconut

Hit or Miss; Both


Scent: Honey Pear Cider + Hot Buttered Rum

Thoughts: This was ok, it smelled like alcohol and fruit

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Seattle Rain Rainstorm + Cashmere Cedar + Hints of Leaves

Thoughts: This was amazing! It smelled so good

Hit or Miss; Hit


Vendor; Hidden Holler

Web; Unsure

Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/HiddenHollerCandlesandGifts

Owner; Lee Coleman


Scent: Santa's Whiskers

Thoughts: Nothing, I just didn't get much from this

Hit or Miss; Miss


Vendor; Empire Alchemy

Web; www.empirealchemywax.com

Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/empirealchemywax

Owner; Anna Knaus


Scent: Moon Stars

Scent Description: Toasted Pistachio + Blueberry Cobbler + Peeps + Ice Cream Scoop Bread

Thoughts: This was ok, I find this vendor to have good wax although not overly strong

Hit or Miss; Both


Scent: Princess Cake

Scent Description: Raspberry Jam + Toasted Pistachio + Almond Marzipan + Yellow Sponge Cake + Whip Cream

Thoughts: This was ok. It was sent to me and not one that I would have purchased. The almond was dominant

Hit or Miss; Both


Vendor; Traverse City Wax Melts

Formally Known As: Ava's Country Cupboard

Web; https://avascountrycupboard.com/

Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1379610552259448

Owner; Lindsey Zietler


Scent: Pink Bread

Scent Description: Pink Sugar + Sweet Bread

Thoughts: This was really sweet, it was heavy on the pink sugar

Hit or Miss; Hit


Vendor; Galaxy Candles

Web; www.galaxycandles.net

Facebook; www.facebook.com/galaxycandlesllc

Owner; Healther Shelton


Scent: Whispers Winter

Scent Description; scent of minty buttercream blended with spicy fresh green notes and hints of pine, menthol, and eucalyptus.

Thoughts: The scent description is 100% accurate as to what this smelled like.

Hit or Miss; Hit


Vendor; Designer Wax

Web; https://designerwax.com/

Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/DesignerWaxGroup/

Owner; Jennifer Franciose


Scent: Rootbeer Marshmallow Fluff

Thoughts: This was interesting, it literally smelled like rootbeer toned down.

Hit or Miss; Both


Scent: Cacti Couture

Scent Description: Baja Cactus + Juicy Couture Type

Thoughts: This smelled really good but it was this weird scoopable wax.

Hit or Miss; Both


Vendor; Up North Creations

Web; https://upnorthcreations.bigcartel.com/

Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/UpNorthCreations/

Owner; Missi Hoehne


Scent: Vanilla Bean

Thoughts: This was really good! I love this soft smell

Hit or Miss; Hit


Vendor; Handwerks

Web; www.handwerkswax.com

Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/handwerkswax/

Owner; Sam Woodruff


Scent: The Smile Makers

Scent Description: Cannabis Flower Type + 29 High Street Type + Palo Santo

Thoughts: I loved this! It smelled amazing

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Crystal Ball

Scent Description: Tomato Vines & Lemon Mousse with spilled apple juice

Thoughts: I didn't care for this one, all I smelled is tomato and I hated it

Hit or Miss; Both


Vendor Kae Scented Melts

Web; https://kaemelts.kaescentedmelts.com/

Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/groups/KaeScentedWaxMelts

Owner; Kara Meredith


Scent: Candy Crush + Beachwood Vetiver + Carribean Escape

Thoughts: This was much lighter than I expected, with the stronger scents I didn't think it'd be so light

Hit or Miss; Both


Vendor; Ebony Violet

Web; https://ebonyandviolet.com/

Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/groups/EbonyViolet/

Owner; Si Moore


Scent: Maui Mist

Scent Description: I have no idea because the only place I can find this vendor is on facebook and I don't want to join a group just for a scent description.

Thoughts: I have never ordered from this vendor, my friend did and sent me some. I don't think I would based on the way I've seen this person treat customers. This scent had no scent, it didn't smell like anything but regular wax

Hit or Miss; Miss


Retail: Goose Creek


Scent: Sunset Sparkle

Scent Description: Juicy Mandarin, Sweet Berries, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Sparkling Amber & Sandalwood

Thoughts: This was ok, it was pretty light

Hit or Miss; Both


Vendor; Swanky

Web; www.swankycandlecompany.com

Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/swankyscentgroup

Owner; Jeannie Jeffrey


Scent: Coffee Bean + Apple Butter + Warm Apple Pie + Ice Cream

Thoughts: This was so good! It smelled like coffee the most and I loved it

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Pink Sugar Cookies

Thoughts: I love this scent, it's a nice one and swanky's wax is also really nice

Hit or Miss; Hit


Vendor: Southern Sweet Tarts

Web: Unsure

Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/469531127486685/

Owner: Amy Rickard


Scent: Mulberry

Thoughts: Generally you don't get much wax with these, not enough to get a good scent but this one had just enough to get that nice deep mulberry

Hit or Miss; Hit


Vendor; Back Forty Wax Company

Web; www.etsy.com/shop/backfortywax

Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/groups/BackFortyWaxCo

Owner; Maren Gilsrud


Scent: “Reelin” in the years

Scent Description: Enjoy the youthful flowery scent of spring daisies as they intersperse with the irresistible citrus aroma of Clementine

Thoughts: This was very light to me, it might be because of the clementine scent

Hit or Miss; Both


Vendor; MK's Body Sweets and Scented Treats

Web; http://marykarolsbodysweets.storenvy.com/

Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/marykarolsbodysweets

Owner; Mary Karol


Scent: Easter Parade

Thoughts; There are so many scent lists on the site I couldn't find this one. It smelled really good and was nice and strong

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Sweet Apple Pumpkin

Thoughts: My family didn't care much for this one but I thought it was really nice

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Sweet Lavender Vanilla

Thoughts: This smelled amazing! It was really nice with a strong vanilla

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Feel like a Monster

Thoughts: apricot, root beer, vanilla

Thoughts: This was heavy on the Apricot but the blend itself was really nice

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Lucy Westeria

Thoughts: I couldn't find the scent description on this one, but this smelled really nice

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Salted Caramel Apple

Thoughts: This was a strong one! It smelled really good

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Loopy Zucchini Bread

Thoughts: Nope, this was strong and it was all zucchini bread. Not my favorite

Hit or Miss; Both


Vendor; Salt Mountain

Web; https://saltmountainmelts.bigcartel.com/

Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/2147804212210251/

Owner; Amanda Dixon


Scent: Berry Go Round

Scent Description: Salt Water Taffy + Strawberry Raspberry Guava

Thoughts: This was nice, I've never ordered from this vendor but her scents are pretty nice

Hit or Miss; Hit


Vendor: Bento

*This vendor is closed


Scent: Trick or Treat

Scent Description: Candy Corn + Fresh Picked Strawberries + Toasted Marshmallow

Thoughts: I've never found this vendor to be very strong, this was ok

Hit or Miss; Both


Vendor; Tonshi Mountain Studios

Web; http://tonshimountain.com/

Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/groups/TonshiWax

Owner; Angela Quick & Suzanne Nelson


Scent: Dragon's Blood

Thoughts: Loved this one. This is a staple scent in my house and it's ordered whenever it's available

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Pink Apple Punch

Scent Description: BBW Type Crisp Apples, Sun-Kissed Melon and Sugar Crystal

Thoughts: This smelled really nice, I didn't expect to like it at all

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Violet Sugar Petals

Scent Description: Garden Rose Petals, Violet Blossom, Baked Cake, Vanilla Glaze

Thoughts: This smelled really good, it was a nice floral

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Balenon The Black Dragon

Scent Description: Black currant, plum, salty sea air, musk, sandalwood and cedar vanilla

Thoughts: This was awesome! I loved the deep smokey scent it had

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Melborun

Scent Description: Pomegranate, Red Wine, Peach and Juicy Orange

Thoughts: This was pretty fruity and it was nice, it had that wine scent in the background

Hit or Miss; Hit


Vendor; Rose Girls

Web; https://www.rgwax.com/

Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/rgwax/

Owner; Jenny Oaks


Scent: Dunk My Donut Cuppa Cake Noel

Thoughts: Love this one, I got this in a sample back from RG and it's a good one

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Wake & Bake with Cake

Thoughts: The scent description on this one is impossible to find

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Lets A Go To Coney Island

Scent Description: Summer Scoop + Ceral Killer + Waffle Cone + Salt Water Taffy

Thoughts: This smelled really good, it was super strong

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Frosted Circus Animal Cookie Cake

Thoughts: This was more cherry than cookie or cake. It smelled pretty good but not what I expected

Hit or Miss; Hit


Scent: Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

Thoughts: I hated this one, it was in a mystery bag so that's how I ended up with it, I hate zucchini bread scents and I always hope that it won't be strong, this one was

Hit or Miss; Both (Because the scent was strong and I hated it)


Vendor; Mandala Melts

Web; https://www.mandalamelts.com/

Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/994626983958831

Owner; Sam Rudderham


Scent: Mr. Mime

Thoughts: This was really light, it had a weird almost vinegar undertone

Hit or Miss; Miss


Vendor; Zeep Bath & Wax

Web; https://www.zeepbath.com/

Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/groups/zeepbath/

Owner; Ashley Kimminau


Scent: Glamping

Scent Description: Cut Grass + Fresh Blooms + April Showers

Thoughts: This was a scoopable, which I really don't like. The scent itself was nice and I'm really glad the grass was light

Hit or Miss; Both


Vendor; Hayden Rowe

Web; www.haydenrowecandle.com

Facebook; www.facebook.com/groups/HaydenRoweCandle/

Owner; Christina Whelton


Scent: Coconut Cake

Thoughts: This was a scoopable, I hate this form of wax melts but it was given to me. This had a great scent!

Hit or Miss; Both


Unknown Vendor


Scent: All is Calm

Scent Description: Sweet Lavender + Twisted Peppermint + Mahogany Teakwood

Thoughts: The peppermint stuck out slightly, all in all this was nice.

Hit or Miss; Hit


Bath & Body


Vendor: Willow Tree Farms

Local Vendor


What: Sugar Scrub

Scent: Acai Berry

Thoughts: This wasn't a scrubby type of sugar scrub. It was harder and smelled like play dough

Hit or Miss: Both






No comments:

Post a Comment