Monday, July 20, 2015

Movie; It Follows (2014) Caution; Spoiler Alert

It Follows

It Follows (2014) Poster 



Came out; 2014
Time; 100 Minutes

Watched on; DVD

Rating; R for disturbing violent and sexual content including graphic nudity and language

IMDB Rating; 7.0
Rotten Tomatoes Score; Tomatometer 96%, Average Rating; 8.2/10, Reviews Counted; 170, Fresh; 163, Rotton; 7, 66% Liked it

Caution; Spoiler Alert


Synopsis; A young woman is followed by an unknown supernatural force after getting involved in a sexual encounter.

Staring;
Keir Gilchrist as Paul
Olivia Luccardi as Yara
Lili Sepe as Kelly Height
Maika Monroe as Jay Height
Jake Weary as Hugh/Jeff
Daniel Zovatto as Greg


Thoughts;
This was marketed as a scary movie. All the critics loved it. I thought it was ok. There really weren’t many jump scares, and it was kind of weird. Throughout this entire movie I kept thinking, why does sex “spread” this? Why are all the “people” naked? Like, I don’t get what nudity had to do with the plot of the movie. I think it would have been just as creepy if the “people” were clothed.

It was different, that’s for sure, I don’t think I’ve seen any other movies with this type of plot to it. I just wish it would have been creepier.

No comments:

Post a Comment